onsdag 23. november 2016

My University Goal

I haven't written too many "personal" posts on this blog, but this is one of those posts, so you can get to know me a bit better.

At the moment one of my biggest goals is to finish my undergrad degree at university. I had originally planned to do the degree full time (three years), but I'm now on my fifth and last year as a part time student. I love what I do (English major, history minor) and it is in a sense sad to be finished this spring even if it has been a couple of bumps in the road, having ADD, non-verbal learning disorder and general anxiety disorder.

Maybe it is a bit because of the bumps in the road that has made me even more determined to finish my degree, especially considering that I have been told by so-called professionals (aka a shrink) that I probably shouldn't be studying at university at all, considering the ADD. Come on, seriously? ADD'ers aren't "stupid", we just function a bit differently and with the right help, we can accomplish a lot (some of us even without ADD-medicine).

This might seem like a bit of a rant post, but my point is that I've dreamt about going to university since I was a kid; now I've finally gotten the chance and I'm seizing the opportunity while I can. I'm also not letting the ADD, non-verbal learning disorder and anxiety define who I am, as it is just a part of me, not the whole me.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar