tirsdag 17. januar 2017

Making a Home; Decluttering

(Contains affiliatelinks/ads.)

New year, new you? Or at least do a declutter in your apartment/house? I can admit that I probably need to do a bit of declutting myself in various areas, as living in a 45 square meter apartment doesn't leave room for having too much on the floor. I'll give you some tips from my own experience, and I'll also give you ideas for further reading as I am by no means an expert.

My number one rule is finish what you start. It might seem obvious to some of you, but it can potentially happen that some will stop midway as it's too daunting, too little time or whatever, but the thing is, if you don't finish, how on Earth can one expect it to be tidy?

If you are doing a big-scale decluttering, have a few trash bags and carboard boxes ready for the stuff that you want to throw away or donate. It makes things so much easier when the supplies are ready at hand, so you don't need to have a huge donate pile that you can't get rid of because you didn't have a box to keep it in. I just quickly want to refer to the previous tip - if you are going to donate stuff (or throw stuff away) get it done as quickly as you can, so it doesn't stay longer than needed in your place,

Have some structure while doing the decluttering; January Purge Checklist30 Days of Decluttering and 11 Things to Throw Away could potentially guide you a bit. Do thing by category instead of by location, and for that matter, get inspiration from The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up : The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondo, like ask yourself if the items spark joy and if they don't, throw them away. Alright, I'm not advising you to throw away your medicines, as it will not spark joy to get a crappy health due to lack of needed medicines. If you're interested in the Konmari method, feel free to check out the book, plus this checklist printable. I have read the book by Marie Kondo and I do recommend it, though I'm not going to do EVERYTHING said in the book.

Lastly I wanted to share with you this link, because of the Simple Steps to Stary Organized image that shows 10 tips that I found a bit useful.

Do you have any plans on doing some decluttering or do you have any tips?

Declutter and Organize

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar