onsdag 12. april 2017

Norwegian Easter Traditions

Most countries have some kind of traditions in one way or another. Norway is no different and I wanted to tell you a wee bit about Norwegian Easter traditions in this post.

One thing is that a lot of people travel to their mountain cabins during Easter break to go skiing, preferably they have packed oranges and Kvikk Lunsj (Norwegian version of Kit Kat) with them, so they can enjoy both chocolate and oranges while being out in the cold. Personally, I don't own a cabin and I'm better at falling while "trying" to ski than actually do some skiing, so I can debunk the myth that all Norwegians are born with skiis on their legs.

A tradition that is more to my taste, is reading crime novels (or watch a British crime series on TV) during Easter. I have watched a fair amount of Hercule Poirot TV/movie-adaptions due to Easter (David Suchet for the win). A bit information on how the tradition started can be found here.

When I was a kid I often recieved a paper mache Easter egg like these ones filled with candy when it was Easter time. A lot of kids still recieve Easter eggs, but since I'm "unfortunately" an adult, it is a while since I've recieved one.

If you want to read a bit more about Norwegian Easter traditions, you can check out this link; Norwegian Easter Traditions.

Stock photo from Pexels

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar