lørdag 2. desember 2017

Weekend Cooking; 10 Christmas Cookies To Try This Season

For me, one of the most fun things to do during Christmas is to bake cookies. I can't deny that I'm an avid baker, so Christmas is a nice excuse to have a bit of fun in the kitchen. One of my go-to cookies every year is a Norwegian cookie called Kakemenn (literally translated as cake-men, but can be made in a variety of recognizable shapes). Just as a random trivia, in the county where I live in (Rogaland), you can actually purchase kakemenn the entire year. Yes, I know it can sound weird for some, just as we have a cookie with the so-not-politically-correct name Jew Cakes (recipe found here, but don't worry, the cakes are yummy).
Stock photo from Pexels
I would guess I'm not the only one who is going to bake this season and because of that, I wanted to share with you a round-up of 10 Christmas cookies, so feel free to pick-and-choose if you want to make any of them, even the non-PC named Jew Cakes I mentioned earlier, so technically it's 11 cookies to consider. If you're hosting a Christmas cookie exchange, you could check out these free printables as well.

Here's the list;
Norwegian Kakemenn
Mint Chocolate Cookies
Meltaway Christmas Cookies
Gingerbread Men
Dark Chocolate, Almond and Orange Lace Cookies
Lebucken
Ginger Nuts
Cinnamon Star Cookies
Mexican Mocha Crinkle Cookies
Gingerbread Cookies

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar